Tuesday, April 20, 2010

on intrinsic value.

“I was jealous of everyone. I compared myself to every single girl that walked by me. Within the first week of high school any scrap of self-esteem I had left fell by the wayside. I turned my focus on trying to look good. If I wasn’t popular, cool, funny, smart, or vivacious like other girls my age, I yearned desperately to be pretty. As if it would make up for the lack of everything else. That’s when I definitely changed my food intake.”

“It’s almost like each person has something distinctive about themself [sic], like this person is an artist, this person is so smart. I’ve always felt like my eating disorder is what I can do, this is mine.”

Amy P. on her struggle with bulimia
(from A&E’s Intervention 03/20/10, part 1)

Obviously persons are nothing but a bundle of “their”* qualities.




*Possessive pronoun misuse.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brianna. said...

Nice tags, even if this is a specific attack on my view of the issue. "No other possible worlds". Sorry!

10:17 PM  
Blogger mclark said...

do you have another blog that you blog on more often?

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.