Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Kingdom of God

Between the worship and the sermon this older man saw me sitting by myself and he joyfully introduced himself to me. His name is Dave. Dave is from Torrance and he has been unemployed for the last two and half years. His first day of training at Goodwill starts on Monday. As I answered his “get to know you” questions, he listened intently to everything I had to say. After the sermon he insisted that I eat with him in the rec room, as they were serving $1 dollar tacos and tamales. Joy emanated from his countenance as he insisted on paying for me.

___________________

“…and God’s ways are beyond our comprehension!” exclaimed the preacher as a tinge of tension and irony took over his smile.

“Do you understand that?”

1 Comments:

Blogger Louis said...

This is beautiful.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.