Saturday, March 19, 2011

towards a moderate neo-Luddism.

Sometimes, when driving around, trying to find a certain restaurant, 80's club, or coffee shop, I find myself longing for an iphone. But then, when I get to the certain restaurant, 80's club, or coffee shop, and see groups of people sitting around tables with iphones in hand, checking facebook or youtube, wholly ignoring one another, my soul bursts with all the glee the Pharisee had in the presence of the Publican.

"Thank you, Lord," I say to myself, "for not making me like them."

"But," you'll protest, "my iphone is necessary for my job."

If that's true then your job isn't necessary.

[enter cartoon of Jesus being transfigured before a few of His disciples as they watch Jesus being transfigured via youtube on their iphones.]

5 Comments:

Blogger Louis said...

turkey.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

How does the line go? Something like "... for those who have ears, let them hear!" Or rather, "... and the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light."

3:06 PM  
Blogger Louis said...

Can one not just use an iPhone for navigation, then leave it in the car?

3:32 PM  
Blogger Louis said...

Also, why don't you call me back?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

"Can one not just use an iPhone for navigation, then leave it in the car?"

Yes, in the possible world where the sale of opiates is completely unrestricted and people only use them for medicinal purposes.

"Also, why don't you call me back?"

I'm busy and lazy,and a bad friend, and,also, a moderate neo-Luddite.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.